Translate

Thursday, May 31, 2012

I pinned it and I did it!!

 One of my friends on facebook always "pins" these AMAZING recipes that most of the time you shouldn't eat lol. This case however it is totally fine. There is pretty much nothing fattening in it at all! So the woman that does the blog when the recipe is posted is from Texas so these enchiladas are meant to be HOT! I made them mild because I am a huge pansy and pregnant so I don't do hot. And to quote the al mighty Paula Dean "I don't like to get burned while I'm eating". I made a few modifications of my own to make it less spicy..

I used a pasilla chile (half of it anyway) instead of a serano and I kept the seeds as far away from me as possible! lol.. I'm seriously a wimp..
I used a medium salsa verde sauce instead of hot but everything else I followed to the letter.

The sauce alone could be like the most delicious soup in the world! I'm not kidding it's friggin good!

She was vague about the chicken and just wrote add cooked chicken.. So Safeway had chicken breast tenderloins on sale so I bought those and cooked them in olive oil, salt and pepper then shredded with two forks.. No biggie.. It worked well too.

I also didn't use Cabot cheese cuz I'm cheap and wasn't gonna pay that much for cheese. I used Kraft already shredded cheese.. It was still pretty good!

Anyway the verdict is in and these will be a staple in our house from now on! I won't be able to appreciate another enchilada from a mexican restaurant again! And I may gain like 30 pounds.. Damn you Texans and your awesome food!
 Here it is before I baked it.. Looks good already!
We didn't eat them with anything else.. Just squezzed some lime on them and chowed down! The lime is a great addition to the sauce. I highly recommend it!

Here is her version!

http://www.thenovicechefblog.com/2012/05/spicy-avocado-chicken-enchiladas-giveaway/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheNoviceChefBlog+%28The+Novice+Chef+Blog+%282%29%29

Stop by her site and check it out. Her recipe even has a print button! They are so darn good.. I can't say it enough.. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment