Translate

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thrifty Thursday ~ Mod Podge 5 point star!

 Today I made my a 5 point wood star for my wall. I have seen these at JoAnns and home decor stores and they are SO expensive! I found these wooden stars in the clearance aisle of michaels this morning and practically did a happy dance right there! There were only 2 left but that's really all I needed..

2 stars - 2.98 for both on clearance! Whoop!
About a cent for mod podge.. I used so little of it..
About a cent or so of burgundy paint (that I had left over from Tuesday's post)
and maybe .10 for the scrapbook paper page!

Grand Total..... 3.10 or so for both or 1.55 for 1! Yep! That's it!
 So I just started with these two stars.. And for this tutorial I am only doing one because I forgot to take pictures of the other.. Oh well..
 I painted the star and the sides first because I wanted some of it to be showing..

 Then I laid the paper where I wanted it and traced (hard) with my finger where I wanted the paper to go, the trimmed it to be slightly too small to cover the whole point because, again, I want to have some color show through. I did this for all 5 points.
 Then just glue them on and press firmly to make sure they stick all the way down. Add a layer on top of the paper and let dry..
You are done! Hang it and admire your handy work! Now my wall isn't sad anymore! It looks fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment