Translate

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday dinner with the Bradford's!

This afternoon as we were watching Chopped on the food network a comercial for Rachel Ray's something or other and she showed her chicken and mushrooms over polenta! Yum-o. Jordan raced over to Foodtv.com and printed out Rachels recipe lol. The man know's what he wants to eat. So we had everything but polenta and a few little things so we headed over to Haggen to get the stuff. The kids were down right aweful s we weren't very happy by the end. Cool thing was that the people in front of us werent playing monopoly so we got 20 new little booklets! whoop whoop! Anyway. You'll have to head over to foodtv.com to get the recipe or check out my boards on Pinterest.com. It'll be in there!
 cooking the veggies! Love to taste them at this point.. They are always so good!
 I tried browning the chicken but it was boneless skinless so it would've ended up tough and jerky like so I just kinda went with my gut here..
It's a dirty job...
 This baby has a lot of steps! It was pretty time consuming.. Cooking polenta is a chore too but well worth the effort!
Polenta is pretty cool. They call it corn grits which... tada... it is.. I put cheese in it because I like the texture. Make sure to salt the water or use chicken broth to give it some flavor. Polenta will take on any flavor you put in. So I used chicken broth and cheddar to flavor mine.. I didn't put butter in the polenta which if you read anywhere they will tell you to do but I didn't wanna deal with feeling bad about it.. It was pretty fantabular anyway!  

Another thing that isn't in her recipe is my addition of a couple ingredients to make the sauce a bit thicker and make it less of a soupy consistency...

I took a slotted spoon and took out all of the contents of the pot and left only the broth. In a mixing cup I mixed 2tbs cornstarch and 1/4 non fat milk (if you aren't calorie conscience use whole) and wisked it till it was all incorporated together. I poured it into the broth and let it come to a boil. Then with the wisk still I continued to stir it till it was thickened a bit and I took it off the heat. I added a good bunch of chopped parsley to the sauce and spread it over my chicken, veggies and polenta. It was purty darn good!

Anyway have fun with it and HAPPY COOKING bi*ches..

No comments:

Post a Comment