Translate

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thrifty Thursday! ~ Personalized Easter Baskets

Yay! It's Thursday again and this is what I have for you all! I was looking through etsy at easter baskets for my girls and I came across a few that were embroidered and all cute and I though.. wait! I have a better idea! wood letters on a wood basket. My kids will get that dye all over the basket and it will be a huge mess and I will probably not use them again. These I can just spray out and keep FOREVER! Or well till they figure out Mommy is the Easter Bunny anyway lol.
So here it is! I am making two because I have 2 girls this Easter so my cost was a bit higher. Here is the cost for one.

Basket - Michael's 40% off for $7.19
Paint - Michaels .59 cents reg price!
Paint brush - Michaels $1.00 (or dig in your kids art supplies they dont have to be fancy!)
Letters - Michaels - $3.99 a bag ( you will have enough in one bag to make like 4 names so about 1 dollar on this project.. )
Glitter Glue - Wal Mart - .49 cents..

Grand total is about 10 dollars. The monogrammed ones on etsy sell for 39.99!! Thats a savings of... wait for it..... almost 30 bucks!!

First thing to do is paint these babies.. I chose white because it went well with this basket. Any color you like is good.
All painted! make sure to tape them down so you don't have to make a huge mess.. and paint the sides too. I didn't bother with the back at all.

Next get to glueing! You can buy letters pre sparkled but they cost a dollar a piece and for this whole set up here it was about a dollar to make so I went with this method. They look just as good!
So I took off the bow to reposition it and because I am a perfectionist when it comes to bows I couldn't let it look like it did. I tied it into a smaller simple bow and added a thicker ribbon bow behind it to look a bit more boutique - y! Cuz that's how I roll..
Here is the bow. It isn't finished or trimmed yet but it turned out pretty..
It looks so much better than that stupid little bow that was on there before. By the way if you were wondering I hot glued it on LOL.. Almost forgot to put that part in..
Next you jus glue on the letters (after they dry) where ever you want them to go and TA-DA! You have a personalized easter basket that will last. If a letter falls off or something you know how to fix it because you made it. If you wanna keep it out year round you can cut off the handles and put toys in it or something and put it on a shelf.. Do what you want to with it!  Most of all have fun!!!
Incase you were wondering this is how Stephie's turned out.. She loved it so much she is playing with it as I am writing this.. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment