Translate

Monday, April 8, 2013

Best Ever Brown Rice


Any brown rice fans out there? I'm not... I kind of have a special kind of hate for the stuff.. It's hard to  cook and chewy and bland.. But it's good for you so I grin and bear it. However, I have found a way to make it 1. Easier and 2. Tasty! I use instant! That's right the good ole instant rice! They par-boil it for you so it cooks up super easy. I add in a few things to make it taste better too..


Recipe:

4 1/2 cups instant brown rice (I get the 1.89 boxes of hy-top brand at winco)
4 cups chicken STOCK
2 tbs McCormick perfect pinch Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper
1/4 cups dehydrated Onion (Costco)
1 tbs salt

Bring the stock, salt, onion flakes and perfect pinch to a boil. Add in your rice and turn heat to low. In about 10 minutes your rice will be fluffy and perfectly cooked!

 
I like to portion mine out so I don't over eat. I put a cup in the small ones and a cup and a half in the big ones.
 

All ready for a quick bite when I need one!

No comments:

Post a Comment