Translate

Monday, April 8, 2013

Home Style Chicken and Dumplings


Here it is~ Aint' she purty!?!? Home style chicken and dumplings (with veggies)
So I know I totally suck because I didn't take pictures of the process but I promise it's not too hard to accomplish! I'll just post some pretty pictures along the way of how friggin delish it is!

 Recipe:

2 Chicken breasts (or 6 thighs if you like the dark meat)
2 BOXES chicken STOCK! I like Kitchen Basics brand.
4 stalks celery
2 whole carrots
1 red bell pepper
1 large sweet onion
3 tbs olive oil ( I infuse mine with garlic, If you don't then I'd add some in for good measure!)
1 packet Sazon Jamon flavored (if you cant find it just skip it. I like the bacon-y flavor it gives)
1 tube of reduced fat crescent rolls
1 cup of flour
3 tbs garlic powder
3 tbs onion powder
3 tbs paprika
1 tbs salt
1/2 tbs pepper
Patience...


First you want to prepare the chicken by lightly poaching it in the chicken stock (bonus... you get extra chicken-y flavor in that stock! Whoop whoop!) Once it's just about cooked take it out and shred it with 2 forks. Set that aside and add the oil to the pot. When that's heated up add in all your veggies (Make sure you chop them up to your desired size first LOL). Cook the veggies till they are just starting to get some color on them and throw in the stock. Bring to a boil. While that's coming to a boil unroll the crescents and cut into thin strips. Mix the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, S & P in a bow and throw in all of your strips. Once the stock is boiling throw in your chicken and let it come back to a boil. Then throw in your strips. One at a time shaking off the excess flour. Turn the heat down to low and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Serve it up and ENJOY! It's super easy. I garnished it with a few chives.




 
I hope ya'll enjoy these!


No comments:

Post a Comment