Translate

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tutorial Tuesday - Painted Mason Jar Soap Dispenser

 
Soooo.. I lied... I didn't get the apothocary jars done because my spray paint didn't dry then the knob on the top didn't glue on straight so I ended up getting this one done first so here you go! Painted mason jar soap dispenser. Cool right?!
So to buy one of these you're looking at 20 - 40 dollars depending on the look you're going for. This baby was CHEAP! About 5 dollars.. Maybe even less..  
 
 
 So first off you need to spray paint your tops and jar in the colors you want them. I painted my tops oil rubbed bronze (spray paint is the most effective way of going about it!) and my jar in a smoke grey (satin).
 
 
 
 
 Once it's all dry (may take a day or so to fully dry and cure). you need to poke a hole in the top to insert the pump.
 
 
 I just took a small flathead screwdriver out of my hubby's tool box (shhhhhh... lol) and hammered it down on the middle of the lid. It makes a hole and you pretty much just take pliers and start peeling the metal back ( on the under side) until you have a big enough hole to fit your pump in SNUGLY.
 
 
 
 
 Gather up all your embelishments and get ready cuz it's about to get awesome! Start tying on the ribbon! yay!

 
I just tied it in a neat little bow..
 
 
 
 I then tied on some twine and added some bells. No it's not Christmas all year round here.. No I am not attracted to weird jingly things I just like bells..
 
 
 
 I didn't really know how to photograph this part cuz I just kinda put the bells up on the twine as high as I wanted them to be then wrapped the remaining twine back around the jar and tied it off. I also cut my ribbon and stuck that baby above my sink! DONE! BOOM!

 
It would probably look cool shabby chic'd but that'll happen soon enough on it's own here..

No comments:

Post a Comment